There are others, but a very good metric for measuring the success of an event – live of virtual – is the number of attendees. Making sure you draw in the crowds is vital. With the world changing, virtual events are a great fit for many current needs. As we embrace this new paradigm and learn more about the nuances of hosting a virtual event, there are some simple tips that can help you maximize your event attendance.
The process of maximizing attendees can be divided into two categories; promotional and content.
The Promotional way: Usually attendees tend to sign up for a virtual event at the last minute. Here are some tips to avoid this and ensure your event is pre-booked,
- Roll out early: Have a concrete marketing plan laid out well in advance. Start rolling your promotion plans one month before the actual event date.
- Keep it consistent:Give your promotions a uniform, on-brand message – whether its on your website, social media, or email
- Offer Incentives: Incentives like early bird offers and group discounts can encourage early sign-ups. Free downloads like eBooks, templates or free one-on-one consultation can also encourage quick sign-ups.
- Choose the right platform: Clearly understand your target audience and choose promotional platforms accordingly. There are a lot of virtual events tools and platforms on the market now, make sure you choose one that fits your needs.
- Storify the takeaway: Everyone loves a good story. Have a story to your promotional content with a clear description of what the event is about, who the target audience is, and the key takeaways for the attendees. Inspiring information helps you build strong connections with your audience.
- Proactive response: Be proactive in responding to inquiries. In other words, one of the key actions that leads inquiries converting into attendees is prompt responses and closure.
The content way: Beyond the creativity you put into promoting your event, a key element that attracts attendees is the content on offer. Here are some tips to remember when putting together your content strategy:
- Research the theme: Do a bit of research on the favourite topics that visitors are hoping to explore. Based on this research, carefully choose your theme and build your content around it.
- The right presenter: Choose a presenter who can connect with the audience instantly, has relevant expert domain background and is capable of carrying the brand image with enough responsibility. A bit of research on thought leaders and influencers who can present your event with style will pay off.
- Keep it sweet and crisp: Keep your event crisp and intense. Focus on the event structure. As these are virtual events, attendees normally prefer events that are well-defined, time-framed and with a clear statement on the take-away.
- Show a preview: Give your target audience a glimpse of what is in store at the event. Create the much-needed FOMO (Fear of Missing out).
Always remain focused on your audience while designing your event. If you have lined up virtual events but are not sure how to target the audience you need, please write to us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.